All visitors, including pilgrims, need a visa to enter Saudi Arabia. During the Hajj, all Muslim visitors travelling to Jeddah and Madinah will need to have a valid Hajj visa or valid Umrah visa for Umrah. At Shaheen Travel we ensure that all your travel requirements including visa processing are dealt in time and as smooth and stress free as possible.
Requirements for Hajj and Umrah Visas
- One application form, duly completed and signed by the applicant.
- One passport-sized photograph affixed to the application form.
- The passport should be in order and valid for at least 6 months.
- Applicants applying by post should enclose a prepaid, self –addressed envelop, registered/ recorded, for the return of processed passport. Please ensure that you have enclosed the correct passport in accordance with the actual weight of your parcel. Please allow one week for the return of processed passport.
- Applicants applying from the Republic of Ireland should enclose a minimum of 9 (nine) coupons.
- An airline ticket with a confirmed booking ( both ways)
- A meningitis immunization certificate.
- None E.C. Passport holders must have a valid visa and must have entered UK at least two months before applying.
- Children aged one year or over and travelling on a parent’s passport must have their photograph affixed to the passport and endorsed by the authority concerned.
- All females should be accompanied by a Mehram, either the husband, father, uncle, adult son, brother or adult nephew.
- The minimum age for a Mehram is 16 Years Old which will enable him to qualify as a Mehram
- A minimum of 24 hours is required to process the visa if all the required documents are in place.
- We process Visa on urgent basis please contact our agents for more information.
Visa processing time depends on the Saudi Embassy. At Shaheen Travel we recommend our clients to book their packages at least 15 days prior to the date you want to travel. This will give you enough time for visa processing and preparation.If you require an urgent visa processed or further advice, speak to our agents who will assist you.
- Lodging of passport: from 9:00A.M. until 11:30 P.M. Monday to Friday (Inclusive).
- Collection of processed passport: From 2:00P.M Until 3:00P.M Monday to Thursday and on Friday, from 1:30 P.M Until 2:30 P.M
- Umra visas are issued ONCE per person / per individual. Acceptance of applications will commence on the 1st of Rabia 1 and the last day for acceptance of applications is the 15th of Ramadan.
- For Hajj visas acceptance of applications will commence on the 15th of Shawal and the last day for the acceptance of the applications is the 25th of Dhu’l – Qada. Pilgrims travelling by land should apply earlier. Please check regulations at the beginning of each season.
- Visa validity starts from the date of issue.
Period of stay begins upon arrival in Saudi Arabia, for a MAXIMUM STAY of 2 WEEKS for Umrah visas and for the duration of the Hajj season for Hajj visas.
Please complete the form in Block Capitals, black ink only.
During the period of Hajj and Umrah, pilgrims must have a valid certificate of vaccination against the ACWY strains of meningitis.
Pilgrims and Umrah performers are asked not to take into Saudi Arabia any pictures, posters or written materials of a political nature or for propaganda purposes. They should also respect the rules, regulations and customs of Saudi Arabia.